Maule MX7 180/420
Whether you use your MX7 180 or 420 for work or play Wipaire® can help you get the best performance, and the most enjoyment, during your flight time.
If you’ve been dreaming of flying your Maule right to the lake then take a look at Wipline® 2350 floats. Amphibious or straight models are available for the MX7 180 or 420. Wipline floats are known for both performance and durability and with over 55 years in the business you can buy with confidence knowing that we’ll still be here to support our products for years to come.
Maybe your Maule has seen better days. With a full service Refinishing and Interiors department we can get her looking good as new. While she’s here our Maintenance team will get her running at the top of her game and with an Avionics upgrade you’ll be enjoying your air time even more!
Wipaire’s aircraft services team prides itself in providing world-class services with the most comprehensive facility in the Midwest. Having full-service maintenance, painting, interior and avionics facilities under one roof is key to assuring minimal ground time for your aircraft and simplifying the process. We also offer a ferry service if it is not convenient for you to bring the aircraft to our facility. Our reputation for quality and convenience is widely known throughout the industry.
Wipaire can get your Maule MX7 180 or 420 running, and looking, better than ever. Take a few minutes to browse the tabs on this page to learn more. If you already have an idea what you need then please contact us to request more information.
Wipline® 2350 for the MX7 180/420
Whether your dream is to tour the majestic mountains of the Idaho back-country or dance above the tree tops on the vast northern Canadian Shield, Wipaire can outfit your Maule MX7 180 or 420 with the versatility you need. A set of Wipline 2350 floats provide simplicity, solid handling characteristics and performance to your ircraft, giving you the freedom to explore.
Features and Benefits
- Amphibious or seaplane floats available
- High bow buoyancy and a higher deadrise angle on our forward bottoms for improved handling in wind and choppy water
- Best nose and main gear on the market, proven in the field and imitated by competitors
- Non-skid coated, flat top decks for safety
- Enhanced safety with Wipaire’s exclusive Laser Gear Advisory system and gear position indicator on the float deck of amphibious floats
- Two large float hatches for gear, measuring 20 3/8″ by 10 1/2″ with 50 pounds carrying capacity each
- Aluminum skins and parts are laser cut and rivet holes are pre-punched so that replacement parts fit perfectly
2350 Floats Specifications
|Length – Seaplane||19’7″ (5.97 m)|
|Length – Amphibian||19’11” (6.07 m)|
|Height – Hull||1’11” (0.58 m)|
|Width – Hull||2’5″ (0.74 m)|
|Float Locker Capacity (each)||50 lbs (22.7 kg)|
|Displacement in Fresh Water|
|Amphibious Floats||2,432 lbs (1,103 kg)|
|Seaplane Floats||2,570 lbs (1,166 kg)|
|Amphibious Floats||2,702 lbs (1,226 kg)1|
|Seaplane Floats||2,855 lbs (1,295 kg)1|
|1) Per FAR 23.751with 80% reserve buoyancy (2 floats)|
2350 Float Pricing
|Aircraft||Floats & Rigging||Installation||Total|
|Cessna 172 Series||$57,100||$33,400||$9,200||$5,100||$66,300||$38,500|
|Cessna 175 A, B, C||$57,100||$33,400||$9,200||$5,100||$66,300||$38,500|
|Maule M6-235, MX7 180/235/420||$57,100||$33,400||$9,200||$5,100||$66,300||$38,500|
- All amphibious floats include landing gear advisory system.
- Float rigging and FAA STC paperwork included.
- Call for discount details if the aircraft has seaplane modifications previously installed.
- Product installation assumes standard factory aircraft. Non-standard aircraft may be subject to additional installation charges
- Float paint option:
- Overall base color to match aircraft is included.
- Two trim colors to match scheme of aircraft is included.
- Additional trim colors quoted per color and paint scheme.
- Complex paint scheme, inboard and bottom painting of floats, please call for pricing.
- Paint information and paint scheme will be requested at the time of deposit. If paint colors are not provided, we will match colors to the best of our ability, but will not guarantee 100% match or a definite delivery date.
- Customer choice of polyurethane or silver-gray submersion paint is included. There is no paint warranty for polyurethane floats stored in water for extended periods.
Cessna 172 & 175
- Install prices assume a factory float kit and appropriate seaplane propeller are provided. A field installed factory float kit and seaplane propeller is additional and will be quoted separately.
- Installation price includes the cost of Wipline clamp-on rear fuselage fittings and Maule ventral fin.
Prices in U.S. dollars, FOB St. Paul, Minnesota, USA, and are subject to change without notice. Prices do not include taxes, duties or tariffs. They also may vary if custom work is required or requested.
Effective for floats quoted after December 1, 2017.
The avionics division at Wipaire®offers a full array of navigation, weather detection and communication technology. Wipaire offers avionics services at both our South St. Paul, MN headquarters and our Leesburg, Florida location. We are a certified Garmin dealer, as well as most other major brands. We have the experience and resources to transform your cockpit to glass. We can also repair any problems with your existing avionics system.
The Wipaire team will work with you to create the features you need to ensure a safe, smooth, enjoyable ride.
- Sales & installation of new custom avionics suites.
- Service for existing avionics.
If your interior is starting to show its age then why not upgrade!
The Wipaire® aircraft interiors facility is able to do anything from small repairs to complete interior renovations, we’ll work with you to formulate the interior that fits your needs.
- Committed to quality
- Professional grade craftsmanship
- Save time! Interior installed concurrent with maintenance
- Custom design service
Wipaire® has been providing aircraft maintenance and float installations for over 25 years. Wipaire is an FAA certified repair station.
We can complete any of your restoration or upgrade needs. From annual inspections to wing tip extensions to vortex generators to engine upgrades, major to minor, we are here to help.
Additional Wipaire maintenance services:
- On or off site borescope inspections, image capture capability for download if requested.
- Full lead acid battery service.
- Prop balancing service.
- Weight and balance service, float plane and land plane.
- Float removal, storage, inspection and repair.
- Annual service
- Pre buy inspections for buyer or seller.
If you can imagine it Wipaire® can make it real. Paint is custom designed and matched to existing elements and can be as simple or exotic as you desire. Airbrushing art and custom decals are part of our everyday processes. Experience and intricate attention to detail are our foundation for creating the highest quality product.
- We specialize in custom requests
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Committed to quality
- Custom design service
- Craftsmanship with extensive training